Eilandje in Antwerp among the coolest neighbourhoods in Europe
You don't have to go far these days to visit one of the coolest neighbourhoods in Europe. British newspaper The Independent has chosen Eilandje ('Little Island') in Antwerp, a district in the northern part of the City on the Scheldt, as one of the coolest neighbourhoods in Europe.
This northern district in the ‘Biscuit City' has really come up in the world since the construction of the Museum Aan de Stroom (MAS) in 2011. Both residents and tourists are attracted by the large number of trendy coffee bars, restaurants and clubs in the area. The British newspaper also noted the Felix Pakhuis as one of the city's most beautiful restaurants.
The other districts in the top 10 of ‘Europe’s coolest neighbourhoods’ are:
- Praga, Warsaw (Poland)
- Mariahilf, Vienna (Austria)
- Finnieston, Glasgow (Scotland)
- Aarhus Ø, Aarhus (Denmark)
- Amsterdam-Noord, Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- Beyoğlu, Istanbul (Turkey)
- Grünerløkka, Oslo (Norway)
- Metelkova, Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Västra Hamnen, Malmö (Sweden)